Math 7 Honors and Math 8
The State Tests are all done and all of the scholars worked very hard. I am very proud of the students efforts! There was a great turn out for the review classes offered. Thank you to the parents who encouraged their child to attend and facilitated by dropping/picking them up. Also, the Star Cluster Homebase teachers have been pitching in by covering some basic math skills during homebase. THANK YOU!
As I was going to St. Ives,
I met a man with 7 wifes,
Each of his wives had 7 sacks,
In each of the sacks were 7 cats,
Each of the cats had 7 kits.
Kits, cats, sacks, wives...how many were going to St. Ives?
Thus begins our new unit on Exponential Growth. It is a very interesting, yet tricky topic. We will be talking about "doubling" our money, compounded interest, bacteria and mold growth, and population increase/decrease. Though it is from the Connected Math series, we will not be using the book. It is imperative that all students keep their notes organized and in their binder.
There will be a short homework every night this week.